Boosting the impact of research activities and making their results exploitable can be a challenge for reseachers, as they may lack competences or resurces to prepare dissemination or exploitation strategies. The challenge could also be harder if the research result is also a business enabler.
The Content of the Course
SOILdarity organises an intensive training course made up of a series of modules in the field of sustainable business modelling in order to bridge the gap between academia and market and provide researchers with a set of basic tools to improve the capacity to disseminate to farmer’s organization, advisors and innovation brokers, as well as to industrial sectors and actors.
MIGAL – Galilee Research Institute and one of the research partners in SOILdarity – has set up a programme revolving around the concept of cost/benefit analysis, leading to the creation of business models. The course will:
- Seek to to provide tools for engaging farmers and related agro-industry organisations and increase the proficiency in agro-economics and sustainable business;
- fit to Mediterranean specificities as well as water and soil management, and accountability.
- generate knowledge in key areas (technical, social, financial and political) and will drive forward essential agriculture issues and acceptance of innovative methods.
When & Where
20-21 September 2022
Faculdade de Ciências- Universidade de Lisboa
How to participate
Would you like to participate or receive more information on the course?
Nothing more simple!
You can click here below
or copy and paste https://forms.gle/RJLpWHMvXrh4ZLbu8 into your web browser.
If you’d like to receive more information, you can email us at
amventura[at]fc.ul.pt | Ana Maria Ventura (FCUL)
ccruz[at]fc.ul.pt | Prof. Cristina Cruz (FCUL)
Here below you find the theoretical content of the course.
- Introduction on the aim of the module (Uri Marchaim, Ori Ben-Herzel, Abdul Mouazen)
- The Portuguese main goal in agriculture (official from Ministry of Agriculture, Patrick Crehan by Zoom)
- Working with and for the Farmers (Uri Marchaim)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship implementation (Ori Ben-Herzel)
- The possibilities for patent registration (Ori Ben-Herzel)
- Summary (Uri Marchaim and Ori Ben-Herzel)
- Develop activities of the “task Forces” (FC.ID/CIÊNCIAS)
|Subject||20 of March||21 March|
|Introduction (3h)||9:30 -12:30|
|Lunch||12:30 – 14:00|
|Portuguese goals (2 h)||14:00 – 16:00|
|R & D Activities (3 h)||16:00 – 19:00|
|Business development (4 h)||9:00 – 13:00|
|Lunch||13:00 – 14:30|
|Patent registration (4h)||14:30 – 18:30|
The implementation of the course contributes to fulfil the task 3.3 of the project SOILdarity “Specialized training on sustainable business modelling: bridging science to industry and market”.