Soil science is essential for precision agriculture and for sustainable soil management. The EU-funded SOILdarity project will develop strategies to integrate soil ecology with cutting-edge soil and crop sensors, modelling and system-control-technologies for sustainable soil management. The project focuses on Portugal, where soil faces considerable challenges due to management and climate change, erosion and overexploitation.
Our consortium is made up of four partners, located in Portugal, Belgium and Israel. FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências (including the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon) is the project coordinator. MIGAL (Israel) and the University of Ghent (Belgium) are two internationally leading research organisations in soil sciences and sustainable technology applied to the agricultural sector. The communication of the project results, as well as the networking and international positioning activities, are powered by euknow (Belgium).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 952051.
- SOILdarity Final Event: Agenda and RegistrationProject SOILdarity is coming to an end and you are all invited to its Final Event! During the conference, researchers […]
- Combining bio-fertilizer application with precision agriculture technologiesThe latest SOILdarity specialized course. The course on biofertilizers will include theoretical lectures about biofertilzers type and sources, their agronomic […]
- Specialized training on sustainable business modelling: bridging science to farmers, industry, and marketBoosting the impact of research activities and making their results exploitable can be a challenge for reseachers, as they may […]
- Raising awareness on soil health living labsSoil health living labs are becoming increasingly popular in Europe as a way to promote sustainable farming practices and improve […]
- Two SOILdarity webinars are better than oneAre you interested in learning more about soil monitoring and reforestation? Then mark your calendars for January 26th and 27th, […]
- SOILdarity at the Confederation of Portuguese FarmersSOILdarity researchers have taken part in and contributed to a workshop on soil with Portuguese farmers and advisors.
- SOILdarity Workshop on Soil Health Living LabsRegister now. Places are limited. The event will take place in a hybrid format. Read more
- Soils, where food begins5 December 2022 is World Soil Day. This year the main them is the connection between soils and what we eat. […]
- Soil Ecology in Dry Ecosystems – SOILdarity Intensive Training CourseThe third SOILdarity specialised training course is getting started! The objective of the course is to offer the participants the […]
Get in touch with us
You can follow, like and text us on
Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
There is another way to contact us
You can write to keepintouch[at]soildarity.eu